Chief of Party -Mekong Partnership for the Environment (MPE)back to job list
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
The Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is seeking Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the USAID-funded Mekong Partnership for the Environment project in the Lower Mekong Region. The project will advance informed multi-stakeholder dialogues in Lower Mekong Initiative partner counties on the anticipated social and environmental costs and benefits of regional development projects. The COP will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID. The ideal candidate will have senior-level project management experience in Asia and a proven track record of designing, implementing, and directing international programs. We are looking for a creative leader who is adept at leveraging significant program impact through collaborative partnerships.
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience in leading and managing international development programs or projects preferably for USAID;
- Demonstrated professional experience in civil society capacity building, development of multi-stakeholder platforms and networks, government engagement on politically sensitive issues, use of evidence-based assessments and research to influence decision-making, strategic environmental assessment, sustainable management of transboundary natural resources, environmental governance and institutional capacity building, social and environmental safeguard implementation, as well as an understanding of policy, economics, and market issues in these sectors;
- A graduate degree in environmental governance, natural resources management, sustainable development, environmental economics, international development, public/business administration, or governance or similar field;
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches particularly related to good governance, civil society development, advocacy, regional development;
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of large international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting, and preferably experience in managing complex, multi-national/regional activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions;
- Proven communication skills (verbal and written), ability to coordinate and effectively work with diverse stakeholders, from government officials to civil society organizations to academics to the private sector;
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong institutional capacity building skills;
- Proficiency in a local Asian language preferred;
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Asia strongly preferred;
- Strong prior experience in overseeing complex capacity-building operations that can be adapted to emerging opportunities and trends;
- Significant experience in Asia preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly establish in-country office and operational presence, as well as hire exceptional national staff;
- Ability to develop and sustain close relationships with partner organizations, USAID missions, host govt officials, and a wide range of national and international NGOs;
- Experience establishing and managing effective program monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Experience with evidence-based practice in development projects, experience with developing and enhancing technical capacities and skills and experience managing projects across multiple countries ;
- Experience with gender mainstreaming preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Position available pending funding.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED FOR THE COP-ASIA REGIONAL POSITION, PLEASE DO NOT REAPPLY. YOUR APPLICATION WILL REMAIN UNDER CONSIDERATION.
Please click here to complete our web based application form.
In addition to filling out the form please follow the directions to upload your cover letter and resume (one file please!). Applications are reviewed as received. Position(s) open until filled. Online applications only. No phone calls, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
ISC is an equal opportunity employer.